Ice cream shop holds Second Amendment Day | News
SOUTH OGDEN, Utah — An ice cream shop owner in South Ogden is showing his support for gun rights by giving customers who bring in their concealed carry permits a $1 discount.
The Farr’s Fresh location at 4013 Riverdale Road is the only Farr’s location offering the discount. The store is run by Ronald Young. Young said he is doing a discount for those with concealed weapon permits because he feels like gun owners get an unfair reputation, and he sees this as his way to send a message.
“I really think that the average man is getting beat up pretty good today simply because he owns a gun,” he said. “Every time somebody, some wacko, goes on a shooting spree, top leaders of our country decide it’s time to take guns away from everybody who didn’t do it, and I personally think you need to stand up and say something about that.”
Upcoming Events near Ogden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hill Air Force Base expects busy schedule as jet services expand
- Police release photo of suspect who allegedly stole, used bank card
- Utah man is partially paralyzed, aims to beat hand-cycle distance record
- Police identify couple found deceased in Kaysville home
- Utah hunters build nests to help their prey prosper