Field fire sparks in Ogden, quickly extinguished. | News
A grass fire sparked in the Sullivan Hollow area of Ogden Monday evening, burning about 2.5 acres before being extinguished.
The fire started at about 8:30 p.m. near the area of 31st Street and Jackson Ave.
Firefighters say the flames threatened four homes and caused minor damage to two structures.
Twenty firefighters from Ogden, South Ogden, and State Lands and Forestry had the fire contained in about 30 minutes.
Upcoming Events near Ogden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Experts discuss health insurance enrollment numbers in Utah
- Students participate in ‘Great Utah Shakeout’ earthquake drill
- State lawmakers discuss governor’s ‘Healthy Utah’ plan
- Governor talks ‘Healthy Utah’ plan with team behind Obamacare
- ‘Blood moon’ will be a sight to behold during Tuesday’s total lunar eclipse
- Man buried, injured when project caved in shares his story
- Man shot, killed by authorities after allegedly pointing gun at police
- Officials locate possibly suicidal individual who prompted school lockouts in Bountiful
- Former teacher sentenced; student says she’s a survivor, not a victim
- Major changes coming to I-15 in southern Davis County