Field fire sparks in Ogden, quickly extinguished. | News
A grass fire sparked in the Sullivan Hollow area of Ogden Monday evening, burning about 2.5 acres before being extinguished.
The fire started at about 8:30 p.m. near the area of 31st Street and Jackson Ave.
Firefighters say the flames threatened four homes and caused minor damage to two structures.
Twenty firefighters from Ogden, South Ogden, and State Lands and Forestry had the fire contained in about 30 minutes.
Upcoming Events near Ogden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hill Air Force Base expects busy schedule as jet services expand
- Police release photo of suspect who allegedly stole, used bank card
- Utah man is partially paralyzed, aims to beat hand-cycle distance record
- Police identify couple found deceased in Kaysville home
- Utah hunters build nests to help their prey prosper