Field fire sparks in Ogden, quickly extinguished. | News
A grass fire sparked in the Sullivan Hollow area of Ogden Monday evening, burning about 2.5 acres before being extinguished.
The fire started at about 8:30 p.m. near the area of 31st Street and Jackson Ave.
Firefighters say the flames threatened four homes and caused minor damage to two structures.
Twenty firefighters from Ogden, South Ogden, and State Lands and Forestry had the fire contained in about 30 minutes.
Upcoming Events near Ogden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mixed martial arts promoter claims city’s denial of beer permit is unfair
- Man buried, injured when project caved in shares his story
- Man shot, killed by authorities after allegedly pointing gun at police
- Officials locate possibly suicidal individual who prompted school lockouts in Bountiful
- Former teacher sentenced; student says she’s a survivor, not a victim