Train derails in Ogden | News
By Alexandria Autrey
OGDEN – At least five Union Pacific rail cars derailed Wednesday around 8:30 a.m. in Ogden.
The trains derailed at the intersection of Pacific and Patterson avenues in the Union Pacific rail yard.
A few of the rail cars of the train fell on their sides, and neighbors told Fox 13 it sounded like a bomb went off.
Trey Tilman said he and others in the area rushed to see what the commotion was about.
“We just heard some loud noises, and then we just came out, seen this thing was flipped over and whole bunch of people just came running around,” he said. “I don’t know, I just saw a whole bunch of dust when we came out. We thought it was something like crashed or hit it.”
The rail cars were carrying new automobiles from Cheyenne, Wyoming to Salt Lake City.
No one was injured, and the derailment did not block the intersection. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Ogden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hill Air Force Base expects busy schedule as jet services expand
- Police release photo of suspect who allegedly stole, used bank card
- Utah man is partially paralyzed, aims to beat hand-cycle distance record
- Police identify couple found deceased in Kaysville home
- Utah hunters build nests to help their prey prosper